Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Making old things new

Every time I see an old piece of furniture I think, ermergerd that would look SOOOO pretty painted and distressed.. Then I buy the old piece of furniture.. visit Painted with Love and buy some gorgeous paint.. and that is pretty much where it ends.

I have decided with the new house, no more cheap Ikea crappy furniture, that falls appart the moment I accidentally trip and fall in to it.. which is pretty much a weekly occurrence at this point.

While *popping in on facebook last week. *spending hours trolling. A friend posted this bad boy for FREEEEEE!! I immediately though, that would look amazing painted at my house.


So again I headed over to Painted with Love and agonized over the selection of Fusion paint. There are like 12 different colors of teal!! 

Finally decided on Heirloom.


Hauled that bad boy up to the new house, and was like NOT today procrastination! I am not going to leave this just sitting there, it WILL be painted.

The amazing thing about fusion paint is it doesn't need much prep, I tried to buff the hutch up a bit. Then got bored and decided just slapping paint on was the way to go.

This is where the children decided to "help".




"Thin,light even coats"

DD's painting technique left something to be desired.

Mikayla on the other hand... amazing, even, precise coats. I am considering starting a tiny antiquing sweatshop in our kitchen. She is happy to be paid in pizza and Archie comics.

The AMAZING thing about Fusion paint, is... even with DD's apparent impressionist take on furniture painting.. It turned out AWESOME!!!




TADA!!!




and yes. these photos were taken on my iphone.
NOT my THOUSANDS of dollars in camera equipment.

As soon as we are there full time I will get my $@#% together enough to actually take real picture.
but until then...







1 comment:

  1. At the start of this blog I was saying "no no no!!! You do not paint nice wood like that!!! No!"
    But after seeing the finished product.... wow looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete