Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Moving to the country.

testing.. testing....

I am so not a blogger. In fact, in the 10 years I have run my photography business Bellaphoto I have done like... maybe 30 blog posts. I suck. But... since I am moving from the social meca that is Ladner BC, to the "town" (I say "town" because there as far as I know there is no sit down coffee shop, there is however a takeout coffee shop/pizza place, there is also a vodka distillery, so maybe for now i will remove my quotes and just straight up refer to it as a town) (oh god apparently I argue with myself when I blog).. okay so lets try that again.


Moving from the social MECA that is Ladner BC to the town. (quotes are currently in limbo) that is Black Creek BC I have decided to keep those friends/family/lurkers in the loop!

Where is Black Creek you may ask, well simply, it's the dot between Courtenay and Campbell River.
Where the hell are those places you say? Isn't  Campbell River Northern mainland? (okay this is what I may have said). Well you are in fact wrong.

Basically... take a ferry to Nanimo, and then drive to the middle of nowhere.. now keep going..  just a little further, okay you are now in the Comox Valley.. See the Costco, and the Superstore, (TOTALLY a "real" town), now drive 20 minutes north... now quick, stop. There.. now you are in Black Creek.

A stunning little gem between Courtenay and Campbell River (see makes sense now right).

Home to some AMAZING beaches (more on that to come) and an even more amazing Vodka distillery... (did i mention that)? I am sure there are 1000 more amazing things about Black Creek, but considering I haven't even officially moved there yet (though I own a house, and my husband is currently residing there) I will mention those in future posts.

Why Black Creek? Well.. hippy dippy version... the universe sent us there.
Long story short, a visit to  my cousin's who had recently relocated to the Comox Valley, turned in to my hubby being offered a job, renovating our townhouse, hubby quitting his job and moving, selling our townhouse, and then finding and buying our DREAM HOME, in the country. All in 6 shorts weeks.  It almost took me longer to write that run on sentence, than the actual process.

The house remarkably resembles EXACTLY what I had described as my dream home when working with my kick ass life coach (more hippy dippyness).

So we packed up, and moved.

We now have 1.3 acres, and amazing home, and a barn.

When speaking to my buddy Brittany from Painted with Love she was all "you NEED to be blogging this" and after thinking about it... I was all "ya, but what would I call my blog" and she said "think of something that represents who you are... So that is how Coffee 'till Vodka was born.





1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I love that you're blogging about this! Can't wait for more! You're funny! Also, um, you're in the right "town" if you need Coffee and Vodka.
    Sara C

    ReplyDelete